So, to try and liven this up, I thought I'd try to come up with an unusual string. Instead of drawing a string, I used a cap from a 1-gallon jug and traced a few random circles. Here is my "string."
So, AuraKnot starts by outlining the main shape. Instead of just tracing around the circles, I decided to give them a more pointy shape.
Instead of just drawing a line from one petal to the next, I wanted to use the circles. This is where the problem started. I told you I've only done it once, so I had an "oops." Technically, I "went off in an unexpected direction" but I'm not sure it's truly AuraKnot since I didn't start out my weaving correctly.
But the process is important, so I thought I'd keep going and see where I end up. I was focusing so much on trying to get things right again that I forgot to take some intermediate pictures.
Hmm. The unshaded version does not excite me much. Usually when I shade, I start looking for places to add dimension or contrast for interest. I don't see much available in this one, so I decided to shade to try and emphasize the woven nature and add some decoration.